现在已经到了苹果的季节，为什么不使用这些美味的苹果在罐子里自制苹果派，上面放着甜肉桂苹果和焦糖酱-送给邻居，朋友，同事和老师的完美礼物。请确保自己保留一些，这样您就可以在忙碌的假期中迅速准备出温暖的自制甜点。 The Seaside Baker圣地亚哥博客的Jackie Bruchez非常友好地与我们分享她美味的苹果派馅食谱–甚至提供免费的可打印节日礼物罐子标签。这些装在罐子里的礼物肯定会很受欢迎-它们就像苹果派一样容易！
Makes five quart-size jars of filling.
Shelf life: up to three months
Apple Pie Filling
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup corn starch
- 1½ T. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2½ cups apple juice or cider
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 30 medium apples (a mix of green and red apples (gala or fuji) works great)
- 7 quart-sized canning jars
Dry Pie Crust
(Makes two pie crusts. Repeat as needed for more.)
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- In a large pot, mix sugar, cornstarch and spices.
- Add salt and apple juice and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and cook until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
- Sterilize canning jars, lids and rings by boiling them in a large pot of water.
- Meanwhile, peel, core and slice apples into wedges.
- Pack the sliced apples into hot canning jars, leaving a 1/2 inch space at the top.
- Fill jars with hot syrup, and gently remove air bubbles with a knife.
- Put lids on and process in a water bath canner for 25 minutes.
- Once filling has cooled down and jars are dried thoroughly, attach labels (below).
- Combine flour and salt, divide in half and place in two baggies for pie crust. Recipient will need to add cold butter and ice water. Attach printable pie crust tag (below), which has instructions.
Free printable tags!
To download and print adorable apple pie filling jar labels and pie crust tags, go to theseasidebaker.com/applepiefilling.
Find more fabulous recipes from local blogger, Jackie Bruchez, at www.seasidebaker.com.